Avington passed through various generations of Brydges Barons who became the Dukes of Chandos. Avington continued to play party host to Royals, including King George IV and his long–term mistress Mrs Fitzherbert. A coronation portrait of King George hangs in the ballroom.
Avington remained under the ownership of Brydges until 1847 when the ownership passed to Sir John Shelley. Sir John Shelley further advanced the house including the building of the Orangery and adjoining conservatories.
Lady Eleanor Shelley Rolls, the heiress to the Rolls Royce fortune, lived a long life at Avington and launched her hot air balloons from the South Lawn. Portraits and statues remain at Avington of Lady Shelley Rolls, who divided and sold the main Estate to Lt. Col. Hickson and his family in 1951.